Our website will be completely updated very soon to reflect all the fantastic accomplishments of the Inaugural Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance, and to announce the plans for the 2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance. Same great location, same great atmosphere, keeping all the things you loved the most about it, and improving on those first year tweeks. We look forward to seeing you April 17-19, 2020.
Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Inc. a 501c3 Non-Profit Florida Corporation
info@GasparillaConcours.com (813) 714-1019
Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved
The organizers of this event receive NO COMPENSATION and are truly Volunteers! We are a 501c3 IRS recognized charitable organization.
The inaugural year's proceeds will be donated to Shriners Hospital for Children, Tampa.
We do it for the love of the community, great classic cars, and the charities we support !
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
is an official club event of the
Hillsborough Region AACA
(Antique Automobile Club of America)
Pistorius Collectible Autos
Sales & Restoration Services
Nicholas-Joseph Cugnot 's steam powered Fardier (wheeled cart) was the first self-propelled vehicle in the world, making him the world's first automotive engineer. He had to design and build the first steam engine in which steam, at a higher pressure than atmospheric pressure, drove a piston in a cylinder. He also invented a rotary valve activated by the piston to let the steam in and out of the machine’s two cylinders. The vehicle was demonstrated in France in 1770, pulling a five ton artillery cannon.
The original Fardier de Cugnot has been in the collection of the Le Conservatoire de Arts et Metiers, Paris, France since 1801. Our Fardier is a completely functional, faithful reproduction that was created from the ground-up by The Tampa Bay Auto Museum and completed in 2010.
In 1937, the Cord 812 was available with an optional supercharger. It is distinguished by the brilliant chrome plate and external exhaust pipes mounted on each side of the hood. Actual horsepower is rated between 186-195 @4200 rpm.
The split rear window gives the 812 an interesting shape. A rear bustle trunk offers storage space. The design of the Cord 812 remains one of the most distinctive of the 20th Century.
One notable feature is the retractable headlamps on the front fenders. The Cord is also front wheel drive car. The transmission is in front of the engine, like a Citroen Traction Avant.
1969 Ford Good Humor Ice cream Truck
During the summer, the ringing of the bell along streets in
many American towns and cities meant one thing--the Good Humor
Ice Cream Truck. It all began in 1920, when Ohio ice cream
parlor owner Harry Burt followed his son’s suggestion and
put chocolate coated ice cream on a stick. Before long,
Burt had a fleet of a dozen trucks making door-to-door
deliveries of his new Good Humor ice cream products.
The Law Firm of Carlson & Meissner donates all of the ice cream distributed at these events.
100 years of Automotive Excellence
From our friends and supporters at the Tampa Bay Auto Museum, Alain Cerf, Owner, we proudly present some of their most unique engineering marvels in automotive history...
The Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum generousley agreed to loan President Woodrow Wilson’s 1919 Pierce-Arrow Presidential Limousine to the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance, as the marquee car representing
"100 Years of Automotive Excellence".
President Wilson first rode in his 1919 Pierce-Arrow limousine when he returned from France after negotiating the Treaty of Versailles after World War I. He fell in love with the car, and his friends bought it for him after his second term ended. The year after Woodrow Wilson’s death, his widow, Edith Bolling Galt Wilson, gifted the car to a group of citizens in Staunton, Virginia explaining in part to Dr. Edward Alderman, chairman of the National Advisory Committee for the Wilson Memorial:
The Pierce-Arrow, which has been restored to full working condition, is owned by and displayed at the Woodrow Wilson Presidential library and Museum in Staunton, Virginia where the President was born.
NASCAR Xfinity Series No. 7 BRANDT Professional Agriculture Chevrolet driven by Jr Motorsports driver Justin Allgaier, owned by Dale Earrnhardt Jr., was on display Friday and Saturday at the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance.
1909 Ford Model T No. 2
The car that put Ford Motor Company on the map!
In 1909 Robert Guggenheim challenged the car manufacturers to an Endurance Run from New York to Seattle, to support the Good Roads Movement that began in 1880. Six cars were entered into the Run. Stearns, Acme, Shawmut, Itala anf Ford (with two cars). After a grueling 21 days, the Ford No. 2 car crossed the finish line. Henry Ford took advantage of the win and promoted the Model T in every media outlet available. This 1909 Model T replica ran the same route in 2009 with 50 other Model T Fords. It ran the entire 4,000 miles with no mechanical issues. This same car and driver/owner, Milt Roorda,drove in the 2019 Gasparilla Great Endurance Run from Tampa to Jacksonville.
This fire truck has been entered in many firefighting apparatus events and contests for the past 50 years. These organizations include the "Society for the Preservation & Appreciation of Antique Motor Fire Apparatus" (SPAAMFAA) and "Florida Antique Bucket Brigade" (FABB) Captain Michael J. Morris was a founding member of FABB and the first President of FABB.
Legendary among classic American cars, the Ruxton was only produced for a brief time. The car was designed by William J. Muller, an engineer for the Budd Corporation. The company was famous for manufacturing welded, pressed steel bodies for automobiles, railway cars and aircraft.
Less than 100 of the front wheel drive Ruxtons were produced. This car was the number one from production and delivered to Canada. The multi-colored ‘mahogany’ paint scheme and other details were dictated with great accuracy by Gretl Urban, daughter of and assistant to decorative art designer and architect Joseph Urban, who designed the paint scheme. The fabric came from Schumacher of New York, who supplied us with an identical design for our restoration. Two schemes of colors were available; the mahogany (our car) and the blue “Urban”.